Location & Getting Here
Belize Private Island Resort Directions
How to get to Belize
Getting to Belize is easier than you may imagine; with daily international flights from many cities across North America and Canada, arriving at the Phillip S.W. Goldson International Airport in Ladyville, Belize. Below is a list of international flights to Belize.
US & Canada
- American Airlines flies from Miami (MIA), Charlotte (CLT), Los Angeles (LAX) and Dallas (DFW)
- Delta Airlines flies from Atlanta (ATL) and Los Angeles (LAX)
- Southwest Airlines from Houston (HOU)
- Southwest Airlines from Denver (DEN) (seasonal flights starting March 2017) and Ft Lauderdale (FLL) (starting June 2017)
- United Airlines flies from Houston (IAH), Chicago (CHI) and Newark, NJ (EWR) -certain times of the year
- WestJet from Toronto, Canada (YYZ), and Calgary (YYC) -seasonal winter flights
Latin America & Mexico
- Avianca flies from San Salvador
- Copa Airlines flies from Panama
- Topic Air flies from Cancun, Chetumal, Merida, Flores, Guatemala City, Roatan, San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa
- TACA flies from San Salvador (SAL) and Guatemala City (GUA)
Please note that the info provided is subject to change so be sure to check with the airlines or your travel agent.
How to get to Ray Caye
Ray Caye is a private island on the edge of the Gladden Spit and Silk Cayes Marine Reserve. Seventeen miles east of Placencia Village, Belize, this tranquil jewel is on the protected side of the Meso-American reef; the second longest in the world. To learn more about vacationing on our little island feel free to contact us anytime.
Our coordinates are N16 28.010 W88 04.102
- After arriving at the Phillip Goldson International Airport you will take a puddle jumper domestic flight on Maya Island Air down to Placencia, in the Stann Creek district. The flight takes roughly 45 minutes and costs US$234.00 per person, round trip. We are agents for Maya Island Air and we're happy to help you book this leg of your journey.
- After landing in Placencia a driver will meet you at the Placencia Airstrip (PLJ) and transfer you to our mainland office/boat launch. There may, or may not, be a wait for the boat transfer for that day. We will not know this until the week of your reservation. You are welcome to store your luggage at our office and take a stroll around the village and do some gift shopping, or purchase snacks at the grocery store, or even better have some Gelato at the famous Tutti Fruiti!
- The boat ride to the island is roughly one hour and leaves at 3 pm the latest. Make sure your Captain gives you a briefing card to read while on the boat or while waiting to familiarize yourself with the way things work at the island. Bring your sunshades, sunscreen and/or a hat for the trip as the day may be bright and hot!
- You can also take a direct flight to the island with Astrum Helicopters. The flight takes roughly 1 hour and cost US$2,500.00 for 1-4 persons with a weight limit of 600lbs on the Bell 206 or US$3,750.00 for 1-6 persons with a weight limit of 1100lbs on the Bell 407. We are also agents for Astrum Helicopters and can arrange your flight for you.